EOSC Symposium 2023
One event, many different EOSC Stakeholders
From 20-22 September 2023, the EOSC Symposium takes place in Madrid, in the context of the Spanish Presidency of the Council of the European Union. The EOSC Symposium is organised by the EOSC Future project, together with the EOSC Tripartite collaboration (the EOSC Association, the EOSC Steering Board and the European Commission). Over the course of three days, the participants can get the opportunity to join plenary panels and thematic breakout sessions.
This year’s event is fully hybrid, facilitating broader exchanges between stakeholders from ministries, policy makers, research organisations, service providers, research infrastructures and research communities driving the development of – and engagement with – the European Open Science Cloud.
Under the heading ‘Taking EOSC into the future’, the Symposium will take on pressing topics and more around EOSC’s sustainability, such as EOSC after 2027, Governance and guidelines, the impact on the European Data and Infrastructure ecosystem, and more!
BioDT at the EOSC Symposium!
21 September 2023 - 17:00-18:00 CEST
We are also excited to announce that BioDT is hosting a compelling session titled "Digital twins and EOSC" at the EOSC Symposium 2023 Unconference. In this session, we will share our cutting-edge insights on advancing data-driven science through optimal data use, data management, computing, and research infrastructures.
Please find the agenda for the event on Thursday 21st September below;
- 17:00 - 17:10: Introduction and setting the scene - BioDT, digital twins and EOSC - Christos Arvanitidis, BioDT and LifeWatch ERIC
- 17:10 - 17:20: Enabling connections to EOSC, the FAIRCORE4EOSC and BioDT collaboration - Tommi Suominen, FC4E and CSC - IT Center for Science
- 17:20 - 17:30: InterTwin plan for integration with EOSC and synergies with other digital twins - Charis Chatzikyriakou / Christian Briese, InterTwin and EODC
- 17:30 - 18:00: Panel discussion - How can various digital twin projects bring value to EOSC and benefit from integrations, common tools, building blocks and use cases
- Christos Arvanitidis, BioDT and LifeWatch
- Ignacio Blanquer - UPV and EOSC A
- Charis Chatzikyriakou / Christian Briese, InterTwin and EODC
- Tommi Suominen, FC4E and CSC - IT Center for Science